The Biotech Connection is a global non-profit organization committed to sparking a conversation between academia and industry to move innovative ideas forward. As part of a global network, BCB connects entrepreneurs performing groundbreaking, disruptive research with the industry resources needed for their success. We engage our membership through various workshops, industry consultation projects, entrepreneurship events, and our Biotech Review.
We are currently looking for dedicated individuals to build our team and set new goals for the future. All positions require a minimum 1-year commitment, attendance at biweekly chapter meetings, event attendance, and frequent communication with BCB leadership team.
Events are the highest-profile activity of BCB, and the primary way in which our membership network with each other. Past speakers have included leaders from the pharmaceutical industry, biotech startups, venture capital and hedge fund firms, and from academia. The role requires significant project management skills, initiative, and attention to detail.
In this role you will:
- Deliver 1 event per quarter, developed with guidance from BCB leadership.
- Identify and bring in industry thought leaders for panel discussions.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute events focused around topics of interest at the intersection of academia and industry.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Event Team in the subject line.
One of the most effective ways that BCB connects academia and industry is through our Biotech Review. Each chapter has an opportunity to highlight their events, as well as the scientific discoveries and industry developments in their region.
In this role you will:
- Write 1-2 articles per month relating to exciting and important topics in life science/biotech (ex: interview with a scientist or business leader, news about scientific breakthroughs, local biopharma news and analysis).
- Put together enaging pre- and post-event coverage articles.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Chapter Correspondent in the subject line.
In addition to these specific roles, we are always looking for talented and dedicated team members. If you have an idea, please contact us.